The greatest adventures start HERE
Manu 4 días
We leave Cusco early in the morning in one of our vehicles. We will pass through interesting valleys and picturesque communities. We will visit pre Incan tombs and then we will stop in Paucartambo, a beautiful colonial town. Here we will visit a very interesting museum. We will have a packed lunch en route. We continue to the cloud forest, an area rich with endemic species like the Spectacled Bear, the Cock of The Rock, a variety of orchids, bromeliads and ferns etc. Take in the beautiful nature as we make our way to San Pedro de Orquideas Lodge where we will spend our first night in our comfortable accommodation.
Very early we will go in search of the Cock of the Rock, the National bird of Peru, that has a very unique courtship dance. After breakfast we will continue to the small town of Pilcopata*, then to the Port of Atalaya, which is located on the shores of the Madre de Dios River (700 m.s.n.m). Here we will take a boat to our Private Reserve of “Erika”*. From the boat we will be able to see an enormous diversity of bird species such as Herons, vultures and cormorants etc. We will walk along the interesting trails that are in the transistion zone between high and low jungle and your guide will point out and explain the interesting diversity of wild life that surrounds you. We will have the chance for a night walk to catch a glimpse of insects and amphibians. We overnight in our Erika Lodge.
* 1 Free Option – Rafting: In Pilcopata you will have 90 minutes of rafting (grade I & II) on the Koñeq and/or Madre de Dios Rivers. You can enjoy the beautiful landscape and have a swim in the refreshing wáter.
During the morning walk, the guide will point out and explain the interesting variety of wildlife around you. We board our boat to cross the river and follow a trail for 30 minutes and observe the interesting flora such as the sensitive plants, heliconias, fruit, etc. We walk until we reach lake Machuwasi where we paddle rafts to observe the birds like the primitive Hoatzin, alligators, monkeys and capybaras with luck. We will have a night walk around our lodge to catch a glimpse of a variety of insects and amphibians.
* 2 Free Option – Canopy Zip Line: In Erika our guests can glide from tree to tree and from platform to platform with a harness on a horizontal cable rail system at high speeds above the trees in the incredible amazon jungle. You then rappel from a height of 15m back to the jungle floor.
Very early we board our boat and make our way to Collpa, a clay wall by the river where a variety of parrots such as the blue headed parrot, the White eyed parakeet, possibly the Maracana Macaw and others come every morning to subsitute their diet with minerals and salts. After this activity we return to Erika for breakfast. After breakfast we pack up and take our boat back to Atalaya Port where our vehicle will be waiting to take us back to Cusco. We have lunch en route to Cusco and arrive early evening.
- Land transportation.
- River transportation.
- 01 night in our San Pedro de Orquideas Lodge.
- 02 nights in our Erika Lodge.
- All meals (vegetarian option avail) bilingual specialized guide.
- All equipment for rafting.
- First aid kit.
- Luggage storage.
- Safety deposit box for valuables.
- First breakfast
- Water for the first day
- Soft drinks
- Alcoholic drinks
- Tips and the last dinner